Sir Gerardo V. Calderon, KGOR
Updated: Sep 14, 2021
Sir Gerardo Calderon is the Regional Commander for Southern Luzon and a Past Chapter Commander of Angono.
Finished AB Mass Communication in FEU Manila. Took up Masters in Public Administration in JRU. Program in development management bridging servant leadership in AIM (Asian Institute Management). He also studied Local Government and Environmental Management in Asia, U.S., Germany and Canada.
Sir Calderonn served as 3 years councilor, 7 years as Vice Mayor and 18 years as Mayor and now again as Vice Mayor of the Municipality of Angono. He advocates Angono as the Art Capital of the Phils. and Home of the Higantes Festival.
He also advocates Centro Rizal w/ NCCA and DFA in Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples in Italy. National spokesperson for Local Government, USAID and UNFPA. Hole previous position as Secretary General of the League of the Municipalities of the Phils. and President of Mayors Development Center (MDC).
Notable Achievements in the KOR:
1. Assisted the Supreme Council in the conduct of the KOR International Assembly at Antipolo City in 2019;
2. Supported the organization of more than a hundred chapters in the CALABARZON region;
3. Promoted the Knights of Rizal advocacies in the show Lakbayin ang Magandang Pilipinas(LMP) at PTV-4;
4. Consolidated and strengthened the position of area commanders in leadership in their respective areas;
5. Spearheaded collaborated efforts in CALABARZON during the Taal Volcano Eruption and COVID-19 response
6. Represented the Supreme Council in the dubbing and knighthood ceremony in Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela and Laguna.
7. Assisted the Supreme Commander in the entourage in different countries like England and U.S. (Missouri, Chicago and Texas).